Friday, September 08, 2006

Turning 20 The Odyssey Begins

These are the years to remember? To live up? Cherish? I so hear Bryan Adams rockin’ in the back to the “Summer of ‘69”, “these were the best years of my life!” I do not fancy that association. 20s, Funnest Ever? So as I turn 20 today I’m thinking of what’s ahead – 30… then after mild signs of life in will mosey death. Fun. Hmm, what should I do, where should I go? While these questions seem pertinent, I don’t want “live it up” just during these years. I’ve told myself ‘Ration out your “moments”.’ There aren’t too many moments in life, are there? Fuck, Drink, Vomit, Fuck, Suck, Marry, Work, My Commute to Work, Kids, Sunday Football, Fuck (not w/wife), Work, That Disney World Trip, Birds & Bees, Fuck (whore), Balls Sag, Divorce, Man Tits, Work, Re-Marry Floozy @ Bar, Suck, Suck, Suck, Work, Retire, Crap in Pants, Fin. College has run its course on me. Half did it and couldn’t stand it. I’m on a make shift career choice, biting my lip at the soon to be crippling smells of the workday. After a few years though, there’ll be no more fun time as work will eat up my waking hours. I so will need the new ipod, the Nikes, the Benzs, the bitches etc. Take a happy pill and life’s not all depressing. I’m through that “innocent age” of childhood and high school. And any thing can happen from here on out, I can start up a computer company and give my tax dollars to AIDS. That’s actually a good idea. I might just do that. Apathetic views of the future aside, the only thing that’ll keep me Rope-a-Dopin throughout this ant life is the idea of an “Odyssey”. Yeah, I can play things safe; I can marry my race, live within 20 miles (suburbs of course) of my birthplace and play golf on Sundays only to live with that doG upstairs. But the spontaneity of an odyssey might motivate me to make a journey through the jaded lenses I stare out of every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home