Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Big Headed Lu

Lupe Fiasco is an asshole. I don't know dude, yet from what I've heard/read/witnessed/sensed, Lupe is ego trippin' on the daily. From throwing tantrums and threats when his Food & Liquor was released, his mysterious life before rap (i.e. his right hand man catching a case without Lu), to being at a loss for words at Fiascogate, to his comments there after and his 3 album rule, he may just have is head up his ass. And his skateboards and robots shit is silly. I give him props for being himself and I'm not hating but some of these fetishes seem really pervasive. I'm not the type of fan who gets my pubes in a knot over some dude I listen and his business. His actions have not affected my feelings towards his music; I will still vouch for his mic skills. Yet when I look at Lu as a person, he reeks of a me-first cat cut from the same cloth as his fellow Chi head, Kanye. As much as Ye irritates, I swear Lu's big headedness is diabolical, as if he's really got some internal problems.

Lu carries a lot of chips on his shoulder; he's got that permanent pooppy face on display. I've rarely seen a smile on his face. Why you mad? He seems to want to be really popular but he's still an outsider in mainstream Rap. The pressure weighs on him, as if he's hell bent to reach the peak. But people, in general, are unwilling to give him due recognition or, the least: a listen.

I slept on Lu. Everybody I know was on him like mad but I always laughed of his "Kick, Push", Pharrell' assisted crash and burn session. Lest I admit, Food & Liquor deserves to be heard. And many times after that. Even though I haven't gotten time to peep his back catalog of mixtapes, I await The Cool with wicked nervous patience.

Everybody can't be liked, especially stars. Y'all should never get TMZed on you're favorite stars. It's enough that you Wikipedia/Google them multiple times a day. So what if I think Lu's an asshole, he's still one of the best out right now. Look at R. Kelly. Since he caught the case, I've tried hard not to listen to his teenager like songs but I can't help it. You heard what that short, ambiguously looking bi dude has done with his fan sites? As much of a cold cock (get it) he needs, dude's music is killer (at least his earlier work). I mean I still hate Jay Z but like he cares.

Fuck Lu but still make your music.

4 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SHUT DA FUCK UP...THIS SITE IS LACKING WIT DA NEW MUSIC

 
At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY ANON #1 FUCK YOU MAN, AIN'T NO NEW NICE SHIT TO PUT UP...MAYBE IF NIGGAS WAS MAKING GOOD MUSIC HE WOULD POST IT, BUT THEY AINT...SO YELL AT YA FAVORITE RAPPERS ASSHOLE...

 
At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL...There is Good Msic you just have no intelligence and No Real Taste, go listen to some Richard Simmons and Boy George you FLAMIN FAGGOT ASS MOTHAFUCKA

AND PS. I HAD SEX WITH YOUR MOM

 
At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

check out http://www.BayAreaProcessServers.org

 

Post a Comment

<< Home