Tuesday, January 01, 2008

35 Plus

1. ugk outkast int'l players anthem/ 36 mafia int'l players anthem
Two (or three) super Southern duos get together and music. Hmmm. Wonderful. While the original Outkast version got way play, 36 did their thing. Dre 3k delivered one of the best verses of the year, something like "spaceships don't come equipped...", out of this world shit. And UGK, as well as Big Boi delivered easy, content driven lyrics. The video was bomb too.



2. joe budden
last real nigga left/ green lantern flow
I can't remember a song that hit me much more than Joey's "LRNL". Everything you want from him is there in that one song. Shit it held me over all year until MM3. Now that's some real shit!

3. kanye west
tell me nothing/ stronger/ good life/ us placers
With this slew of songs, Ye smashed the competition, easily. He had his best singles ever, street or club. Who can say that? And "Us Placers" was such a creative idea, I mean two Chi heads with Pharrell's creative ass!?!





4. common the game/ the people
Two street singles that tore it up. After hearing these, we all put the classic pressure on Com. Too bad Finding Forever couldn't keep the vibe created here. No mind though.



5. weezy*
1000 degrees/ dyin
Weezy* gave us 3 killer verses on "1000" and the Moby sample was all she wrote; it's easily his best song this year. And he may have formed a new sort of Emo-Rap (Okay Joe Budden is Emo-Rap but ya know) with "Dyin". Who doesn't want to swim in Louie the 13th or some Jack D's when this is on.

6. lupe
superstar/ dumb it down
That live version of "Superstar" still raises hair on the back of my neck. I'm still studying "Dumb It Down". Lu had two smash singles that still get rewind play 5 months afterwards.





7. devin the dude snoop dre 3000
what a job
Insignt's a motherfucker. Devin came. Snoop showed up. Ditto for Dre 3k. Enough said.

8. jay z
roc boys/ success
You know me and "Blue Magic" by now. It wasn't until I heard "Success" and "Roc Boys" that I gave Jay spins again. Him and Nas killed it and the horns on "Roc Boys" is unforgettable.



9. dj khaled
we takin over/ nore takin over flow
I know this is all Khaled does: bring 6 beasts on a track. Yet his ensemble finds ways to deliver with 12 cats on a track. I dug NORE's flow but he evaporated thereafter.



10. rihanna jay z
umbrella/ i hate that i love you/ say it/ sell me candy
"Umbrella" easily could have been #1. She's showing she can sing what people write her and become a go between Pop/R&B/Eyecandy superstar. I can't hate on her album either.





11. neyo
because of you ye remix
Damn, Neyo can make some tight songs. I mean one listen and I fell in love with the track. Ye always adds something on his flows.



12. swizzy weezy* r kelly
its me bitches
"It's Showtime" Swizzy does have the beats and the Weezy* verse was one of his better ones and Kells worked his magic.

13. t pain joc
buy u a drink
Why shouldn't I get down to this?



14. rich boy
lets get this paper/ boy looky here
While his album was somewhat filler, Rich Boy gave some of the best singles of the year. "Lets" is still my shit and that wicked Spanish guitar (or whatever they were saying it was) on "Looky" was too much.





15. zoe
hood nigga remix w/ jeezy big boi
Wow. I had to give to Jeezy on this one. It was one of best verses I've heard from him. Zoe was lucky to nab ATL stalwarts and this beat beacause if I'm not mistaken he never rapped an actual verse on here.


16. 50 cent
i get money
I finally gave in and did the "I Get Money" dice shaking dance.



17. joe budden
heart of the city/ ransom note
This is how you kill a mixtape rapper's career. I poured out some liq for Ransom after hearing these; R.I.P. homie.

18. alicia keys
no one
Yeah, it was played out but so what, it's an anthem (so get your damn hands up).



19. skyzoo
paper
The first track I'd heard off of Cornerstore Classic, so of course I was rocking to it all day long. Haven't heard it yet? You suck!



20. weezy*
outstanding/ gossip/ shot to heart
Weezy* takes his time to MC-it on "Outstanding" and "Gossip". It's what he needs to do more. And he gets me more and more with his personal flow of feelings on "Shot to the Heart".



21. rhymefest
angry black man on the elevator/dj jazzy jeff cl smooth all i know/ dj jazzy jeff rhymefest jeff n fees
Jazzy Jeff gave us some different collabos. While I never checked out his album, the few songs I did hear were bomb. CL Smooth dances all over this beat. He made an East Coast classic. Rhymefest is in his zone on "Jeff N Fees" and if "Angry" is what El Che will be about, I'm already there.



22. joell ortiz
hip hop/ hip hop w/ jadakiss saigon remix
Joell needs to get back to this type of shit: straight Hip Hop. The remix was on point too. "Write this blog--Hip Hop."



23. fallout boy
this aint an arms race remix
FB's got some indie vibe that's catchy. The remix gives us a collection of verses from Travis from Gym Class Heroes, Lupe (storytelling), Ye (acting ridonkulous) and Weezy* (spittin like fiya dragon). Where else can you find that?



24. john legend pusha t
heaven only knows remix
The Free Pusha T campaign continues. Maybe it's John Legend crooning in the background but Pusha provides the smoothness. This shit got me over for a while last winter too.

25. big shug
play it/ warpath/ legbreakers
Talk about left field. Never heard of dude before but his intimidating ass look made me listen. "Play It" was real; "Warpath" sees Term and Easy Money beat Shug on his own song; and "Legbreakers" is plain mean and hard.



26. mia boyz/ paper planes/ paper planes remix w/ bun b rich boy/ 20 dollars
It took me a while to give this int'l/hipster shit a listen. But once I heard "Boyz" and consequently her album Kala, she's got some good shit that Rap fans need to give her a listen. Just the beats alone are tight, as her sociopolitical sprinkles are just sweeter toppings.





27. term styles p q tip
stop look and listen

28. wu tang
heart gently weeps
I still haven't found the time to give 8 Diagrams a full listen. Problem is when I get here, I'm stuck. Maybe I'm just in love with their rip, who knows.

29. nas surviving the times/ where are they now 80s remix/ where are they now 90s remix/ where are they now west coast remix
"Surviving" was the microscope to the grind. Nas, regardless that he tries to create his own drama, still has it... if he wants to it. Loved the 80s, 90s and West Coast remixes too: genius.



30. redman
dj green lantern flow
Something about these Green Lantern freestyles got me going this Spring. I've never been a Red fan but he gave mad energy. However, this flow didn't make me peep Red Gone Wild.

31. gemini lupe pooh bear
we on
Chi town is in full effect. Gemini came out of nowhere (to me). And Lupe? This was a jam even though it may have not garnered any spins outside the blog community.



32. fab
dj green lantern flow/ diamonds w/ jeezy/ make me better
Even if Fab's "plane didn't arrive", he at least gave us singles. "Diamonds" grew on me and "Make Me Better" was played so much that you had to like it. And Fab material outside of the album is always a notch better.





33. bishop
caltroit
It's not like this was crazy ridiculous but Black Milk on the beat was enough to keep this rattlin' in the car for weeks this summer.

34. krs one hip hop lives



35. outkast
art of storytellin 4
Late minute add, as this gem was lost in the wackness that was filled on Drama's Gangsta Grillz. I mean Outkast tracks are rare these days so you've got to give an ear when they lay it down.


Wanted more, huh? We got you covered, check the comments for tracklistings:
07 extras 1
07 extras 2
07 extras 3

DISCLAIMER: ALL MUSIC LINK POSTINGS ARE FOR PROMOTIONAL USE ONLY. IT IS ADVISED TO DELETE FILES AFTER 24 HOURS. THIS SITE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING AS IT ONLY PROVIDES LINKS.
SUPPORT: EVEN THOUGH IT MAY BE FREE, IF YOU'RE FEELING WHAT'S ON HERE, GO COP IT! THIS SITE IS HERE AS A CAUTION/PREVIEW. I DON'T BELIEVE IN SUPPORTING GARBAGE!!!
ANY BROKEN LINKS? WANT SOMETHING THAT’S DOESN’T WORK AND NEED IT RE-UPPED? WANT TO HEAR SOMETHING/ REQUEST SOMETHING? FEEL FREE TO POST A COMMENT AND I WILL TRY MY BEST.
CONTACT ME:
kiss.my.assplz@hotmail.com

1 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Blogger The Major said...

07 Extras 1
j dawg slim thug ride on 4s
spice 1 pimp c z ro murdarah
one be lo gray
cons dont forget em
tabi bonney the pocket
sean kingston rick ross game colors
fab jay z uncle murda brooklyn
kanye west nas rakim krs one classic
vi heavy in the trunk
big krit get money
flo rida birthday
noe baltimores way
noe being reasonable's out
bossman tinted crown vics
36 game like money


07 EXTRAS 2
dre 3000 throw some ds remix
ghostface my guitar
murs better than the rest
styles p blow my mind
j holiday bed
smiff n wesson joell ortiz stomp
emc what it stand for
big sean a million dollars
ghostface slow down
dj unk 2 step remix
fat al came down
cashis lac motion
im so hood
keke baby im a g
bob atlanta ga

07 EXTRAS 3
styles p j hood pearly gates
drake goodnight & good luck
clipse sl # 1 supplier
tum tum cap muzik remix
tum tum t.u.m.
swat team lollipop
sha stimuli im in the hood
sha stimuli leanin
boyz n da hood get drunk
kyle lee coughin
wc this is la
question ridin so slow
jadakiss styles p games people play
snoop sexual eruption
kanye west goodnight
musiq my buddy
strong arm steady co-operation
strong arm steady movement
murphy lee dro hatin
sheek excuse me buddy
adam tensta my cool
chalie boy young mike bp aint gon change

 

Post a Comment

<< Home