Thursday, October 19, 2006

Lewd Conduct

Jim Jones on "Black Superman"

His new style of rapping with echoes has given the Capo a new life in rap. After his last album he was in the dog house and behind Jha Jha in the Dipset crew. Jimmy's speaking twice is not revolutionary as rappers have been doing this for a while. Yet, Jimmy uses the echoes to take his songs to new limits. He'll throw in his (Eastside) or (Ballin) but he uses his new found style to his advantge. He can describe his rhymes and be thurough, "...drive bys (loaded)... you gon need some endurance (take a breath). And he gives us options, "anything less is uncivilized either fall back or fall back."

UGK on "Like That"

Fucking A! I don't know if I can use or say "bitch" again. The extent that UGK, especially grimey ass Pimp C says, "Bitch you know I like dat" is repugnant. The vulgarity! I never thought I'd be turned off by swearing but the twang of Pimp C's voice beats a dead horse. Has degrading women come down to this awful represetnation of music.

C-Murder on "Ghetto"

Apparently, C-Murder, fresh out of jail has some catching up to do:"I'm hittin bitches on they knees, I'm stackin gs. Now I'm the man in my city, I'm drinkin liquor off a bitch's titty and its a pity." Okay C, I can understand drinking liquor off a womans breast but hitting women on their knees will just send you back to the pen. C explains his grime, "I had to go out there head first, man, I might wind end in the hurse. It's cool, I'm a fool smokin kools."

Lil Wayne on "Chain Hang Low RMX"

Weezy can be spectacular and darn straight ridiculous on the same track. Case in point his verse on the Jibbs remix. While he gets away with certain things, (some of what follows) he displays such confidence with what would otherwise be disregared from a rap star, that you got to give him his proper dues: "Look I'm the shit as I walk with pampers homie... and if he play then we gon put pajamas on em, cuz I will, put em to sleep, nyquil... I know I'm raw, I'm well respected like a bear claw... the diamonds big like dan dierdorf, sure I'm a wierdo, got a lot of gwop, my jewelry is nysnc, they think I went pop."

GLC on "Grammy Family RMX"

GLC reappears here and there. He had a tape early this year but his MO has been MIA. When he comes, ugh! Let him speak, "Two Grammy award winning features but at the Grammys I was sitting high in the bleachers... cheifin I was reekin... I couldn't see success, couldn't reach it... she be speakin Spanish and I 'ont even speak it, 'como se llama lil mama'... at first we just wanted to live decent, waitin on my time like I'm sittin in the precinct... when they see they folk on videos and features, give a nigga hope like horiscopes and preachers... duplicate the cake and get like us, we can buy meals like breakfest and lunch, fuck it man I'm callin it brunch, everyday like the first of the month."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home