Saturday, March 10, 2007

"If You Dont Know Now You Know, Nigga"



I never noticed it was BIG's 10 death anniversary until I got on yesterday and made my rounds to the blogsphere and saw extra coverage on BET. Whatever, really. I never listened to BIG much when he was around yet life after death has transformed him into his place among kings. He deserves it, no doubt. Dude was fucking sick and no one can question that. Along with Tupac's death, his was overblown; yes, BIG was the second best but enough already. Let him rest, for real. I still believe the Bluff Daddy (yes, you Diddy) had a hand in his death. With him and Pac the Rap game had it's height, the golden age. Since then it has gone down but Hip Hop culture has morphed itself into a multi million dollar industry (more I presume), so that tells you who runs Rap nowadays (i.e. corporations). Rap still has good sounds, so people need to get over it: there wont be another MJ, nor Pac or BIG. What could have been will always be his label yet that doesn't matter because what he was, was more than that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home