Sunday, May 13, 2007

Jams: Ice Cube Death's Certificate


I've always slighted Ice Cube. Reasons: I sided with Eazy-E (he was my first favorite rapper) and Cube's subsequent second life as a movie celeb didn't rub the right way--is he done yet? Regardless of my feelings, a few years ago I realized I had made the critical mistake of judging Ice Cube before ever really listening to him. And on Modest Mouse's new album Isaac Brock says, "the ice cube was left out to melt" and I laughed, thinking, "Damn. Ice Cube is melting, what he poured out 15 years ago seems to have evaporated!" So once I re-entered Cube's funkadelic world, well, when Doc says it's a wrap, it's a wrap! Death's Certificate is telling today. The intensity Cube brings on the opening "Wrong Nigga to Fuck Wit", "went to the shelf and dusted off the ak... cuz the nigga you love to hate still can kill at will...im platinum bitch i didnt have to sell out... punk muthafuckas tryna ban hip hop..." is extremely telling. This is how you cuss, say "nigga" and talk guns, all in a way that is meaningful. Cube channeled all his rage into classic and poignant tracks that still matter today. The production is killer too. Cats nowadays should take heed. No wonder so many people believe Hip Hop is dead. Rappers today are just wreck less with their mouths; they've got no shame! Now I could have put this whole album up and I left of some great tracks too, but these should "take you to church" on Cube.


the wrong nigga to fuck wit
my summer vacation
steady mobbin
a bird in the hand
color blind
doing dumb shit
no vaseline

Last Week: Master P Ice Cream Man

DISCLAIMER: ALL MUSIC LINK POSTINGS ARE FOR PROMOTIONAL USE ONLY. IT IS ADVISED TO DELETE FILES AFTER 24 HOURS. THIS SITE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING AS IT ONLY PROVIDES LINKS.
SUPPORT: EVEN THOUGH IT MAY BE FREE, IF YOU'RE FEELING WHAT'S ON HERE, GO COP IT! THIS SITE IS HERE AS A CAUTION/PREVIEW. I DON'T BELIEVE IN SUPPORTING GARBAGE!!!
ANY BROKEN LINKS?WANT SOMETHING THAT’S DOESN’T WORK AND NEED IT RE-UPPED? WANT TO HEAR SOMETHING/ REQUEST SOMETHING? FEEL FREE TO POST A COMMENT AND I WILL TRY MY BEST.
CONTACT ME:
kiss.my.assplz@hotmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home