Sunday, May 06, 2007

Jams: Master P The Ice Cream Man



My brother introduced me to Master P in '96. It began my long love for the south. The fact that P sold cds out the back of his trunk from NO to Richmond, Cali is a real grind. P was the first to do everything from his own label, clothes and movies. This was before P became a commercial success (and of course a Dancing w/ the Stars bum). And yeah, I know P wasn't lyrical or even technically a decent rapper but whatever, he made some good music. I should know too, because I became the number 1 No Limit fan, remember Lil' Italy or Full Blooded. See, I told you so! Hearing the "Pop Goes the Weasel" sample starting out the record told me he was slightly goofy. The beats mostly done by KLC, Mo. B Dick, C-Los and others from the Beats by the Pound produced some nice, regular beats. It was nothing "tight" but for the times it worked. I soon saw the "Bout it" music video and the movie. I've riden to this record so many times. I payed him homage already, he was my man of the year in 8th grade. But the Ice Cream Man was classic P along with his follow-up Ghetto D. From there he began to become even more flat. "Bout it", "Ice Cream Man" "Ghetto Heroes" and "Break em Off Something" are the my favorites. Whenever I put this P on, I reminisce of how nice it was to hear P, a young Silk and Mia X doing the hook, on a song.

bout it bout it 2
my ghetto heroes
mr ice cream man
break em off something
half on a bag of dank
how gs ride
bout that drama


DISCLAIMER: ALL MUSIC LINK POSTINGS ARE FOR PROMOTIONAL USE ONLY. IT IS ADVISED TO DELETE FILES AFTER 24 HOURS. THIS SITE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING AS IT ONLY PROVIDES LINKS.
SUPPORT: EVEN THOUGH IT MAY BE FREE, IF YOU'RE FEELING WHAT'S ON HERE, GO COP IT! THIS SITE IS HERE AS A CAUTION/PREVIEW. I DON'T BELIEVE IN SUPPORTING GARBAGE!!!
ANY BROKEN LINKS? WANT SOMETHING THAT’S DOESN’T WORK AND NEED IT RE-UPPED? WANT TO HEAR SOMETHING/ REQUEST SOMETHING? FEEL FREE TO POST A COMMENT AND I WILL TRY MY BEST.
CONTACT ME: kiss.my.assplz@hotmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home