Monday, July 02, 2007

Spread: Skyzoo

"S-K-Y-Z-O-O"

Straight out of the 718 bka BROOKLYN! Skyzoo has quickly become one of my favorites. The more and more I listen to his rhymes, the more I'm feeling him. He's got everything correct as far as his rap shit is concerned. I'd be a picky asshole--well, he does talk about penning classics in a week, having some dunks that nobody else has and beating the beat while smashing the snare--to mention his defects. But Sky's cockiness is him, you have to accept that. That swagger is actually a plus when you think about it.

I was a fan when I heard "Turn it Up" on mixtape last May. I kept that track on repeat for a while. And I didn't know anything about him at all until one of my dudes said he'd been on Freestyle Fridays. Then last fall I got Cloud 9: The 3 Day High. Even with the exclusive 9th Wonder production I took it for granted. I mean I liked the whole tape but nothing stood out. Then I picked it up in March and fell in love with it and I've been listening to it non-stop since then too.

In recent months I've listened to 2 of his past tapes, as he's put out 5, and you can hear his growth as an artist. By releasing 5 personal tapes and not really appearing on many (if at all) mixtapes, it's telling of Skyzoo's character: he's unique. And he can make it on his own.

Anyone who considers themselves a Rap fan should give Skyzoo a listen. Matter of fact, make sure you give him time because nothing will hit you immediately. Skyzoo grows on you after a good number of listens. Get the compilation I put together full of 15 tracks from a few of his most recent tapes. These are just some because I left some real good tracks off. Oh, and watch out for his upcoming Corner Store Classic... it will be!

Skyzoo Penning Classics (Compilation)

Skyzoo's MySpace


The Paper (Live)



Way To Go


DISCLAIMER: ALL MUSIC LINK POSTINGS ARE FOR PROMOTIONAL USE ONLY. IT IS ADVISED TO DELETE FILES AFTER 24 HOURS. THIS SITE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING AS IT ONLY PROVIDES LINKS.
SUPPORT: EVEN THOUGH IT MAY BE FREE, IF YOU'RE FEELING WHAT'S ON HERE, GO COP IT! THIS SITE IS HERE AS A CAUTION/PREVIEW. I DON'T BELIEVE IN SUPPORTING GARBAGE!!!
ANY BROKEN LINKS? WANT SOMETHING THAT’S DOESN’T WORK AND NEED IT RE-UPPED? WANT TO HEAR SOMETHING/ REQUEST SOMETHING? FEEL FREE TO POST A COMMENT AND I WILL TRY MY BEST.
NEED MORE: NO RECENT POSTS, TRY MY LINKS @ THE RIGHT SIDE/BOTTOM.
CONTACT ME: kiss.my.assplz@hotmail.com

3 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger TreyPeezy.com said...

Major, Not really filling it. Listened/watched THE PAPER youtube video. I didn't even make it to the verse. I AM SICK OF 2-3-&-4 word coruses! SICK! I HATE HIP HOP!

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger The Major said...

yeah the "Paper" joint is an odd/real different look for Skyzoo... and not a lot of original fans are feeling it

but he's real good, I'd urge to give him a good listen (d/l that compilation). I mean it took me a while to began to feel him. But w/ that said, not everybody will like Skyzoo b/c of personal taste (b/c he is a nice MC).

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Skyzoo is SICK! I still rock that Cloud 9! Niggas need to stop sleepin on Skyzoo. The dude is versatile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home