Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Rosa Parks "Quit Playin'"


On that fateful day in history many years back, a petite black woman stood up and demanded her rights as she glided towards the front of a bus and sat in the White Section. Brave and courageous may be the two defining characteristics for Parks. Oh how the perspective changes when evidence arises. Case in point: Rosa Parks might not have been as brave or courageous as once thought while she was, supposedly, fighting for equal rights. The altercation that led her to get on up…

Andre: Shit, what it is you gon do?
Sonny: I gotta gos down to Bratt and 12th to go gets my, ah, what you call it…?
Andre: Damn, look at that shawty right that there. She cute in face, turn around gurl, turn around so daddy can see.
Sonny: She cute, yous right about that. Umm mmmm! I aint mad at dat. Aint had me none fors like 3 days. Ima about fiendin.
Andre: Psssst. Hey, hoe. [laughs]
Sonny: Ha, damn ‘Dre you just call her a hoe! And she looked back at you too. Yous a fool.
Andre: Hey, what it is shawty. I got a hankering that you wanna get next to me. Ooohh!
Rosa: Brotha, please!
Sonny: Oh no she didn’t.
Rosa: I did. And stop botherin me, I’m tryna read.
Andre: Hey, but on the real, aint you Etta’s homegirl? I know I seens you at Green’s Park. Don’t ak like you don't know me!
Rosa: I don’t know you son.
Sonny: Oh! She said she don’t know you B!
Andre: Ha! I can hear too Sonny, don’t make me…
Sonny: My bad Andre.
Rosa: Oh, Andre, yeah I heards you from my couzin Darrell.
Sonny: Aint he the one…
Rosa: Yeah, he’s tryna start this Doo-Wop…
Andre: Call me ‘Dre.
Rosa: Oh, well, excuse you for interrupting me, ‘Dre! Shoo, whateva!
Andre: Oh, now she aint gon talk to me. See basically, yous got a phat ass, at least thas what Sonny be sayins in my ear. [Sonny begins to punch] Don’t make me. And I was fixin to ax if you an’ yo homegirl Etta wanna go on a lil’ double date wit Sonny an’ me?
Rosa: First of all, I got me a man and I am satisfied, thank you very much, praise Jesus. And second of all, Etta and me aint to yall type, I mean look at yaself in the mirror. And third of all, quit playin'.
‘Dre: Oh, Helllll naw! This broad gon do me like dat? Lemme get a numba, c’mon?
Rosa: I told yall quit, yall ridiculous mane! Don’t make me go to the front of the bus!
Sonny: Ah snaps, Ah Snaps! [‘Dre slaps Sonny in the back of the head] What you do dat fo?
‘Dre: But see…
Rosa: You done did it now, Homebwoi!
Sonny: Ah snaps, there she go. Move it gurl. Walk dem hips to the front of da bus!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home