Saturday, March 10, 2007

Spread: B.O.B.


B.O.B. hails from Decatur, Georgia and in the last year, has been pushed by DJ Smallz, TJ Chapman (of TJsDJs) who has blown up many FLA/Soutern acts, most notably T-Pain. His "Cloud 9" has been out for a year, while his tape also labeled "Cloud 9" has been out for over a month (at least to me). I finally got a "Cloud 9" tape that wasn't one track long (i.e. 1:10 minute track). B.O.B. stands for something, yet on his myspace page he leaves the decision to you. I guess he wants some fan interaction. What about B.O.B. is attractive. Nothing in particular. I don't mean this in a bad way. He passes the first test: distinction. I can pick him out of a group of songs and say "Hey, that's B.O.B." This is a huge obstacle. Rappers all sound the same. His voice is between gutter and a polished southern slang talk; you can understand him but at the same time his 'tween sound adds to his appeal. His lyrical skills are questionable but he doesn't lean on Southern Rap music ususal cop-outs: ice, cars, bitches. He is very frank and literal; metaphors or witty lyrics aren't his M.O. Expressing feelings seems to apply to him; he can talk/rhyme about life. And he doesn't necessarily boast. Switching up flows isn't a problem, from listening to "Going Diamond". On his "Cloud 9" tape there isn't one song where you press repeat, more so not one track makes you say "damn, I can't wait for the next shit from B.O.B."

As for his future he reminds me of Plies, not in sound or style, but in his crew. Because both will be pushed by Smallz, the most famous DJ/promoter in the south (and yeah, I know about Drama) they'll get major label contracts, proper street noise, BET/MTV machine (see Rich Boy). Their sound will come with clean, top notch production most likely. So what I am saying is for the most part they have everything at their disposel. They aren't great. I'm not hating though. B.O.B.'s "Cloud 9" is worth the download and at worst, a listen (especially "Cloud 9" "Going Diamond" "Gangsta"). While I wont be waiting for him, when he does come I will listen with open ears.

B.O.B.'s MySpace Page

Tracks off "Cloud 9"
bob cloud 9
bob going diamond
bob gangsta
bob pitbull money in the bank
bob wes fif haterz everywhere
bob black and mild
bob daddy
bob sing my song

B.O.B. Cloud 9




View B.O.B.'s "Holy Ghost"

DISCLAIMER: ALL MUSIC LINK POSTINGS ARE FOR PROMOTIONAL USE ONLY. IT IS ADVISED TO DELETE FILES AFTER 24 HOURS. THIS SITE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING AS IT ONLY PROVIDES LINKS.
ANY BROKEN LINKS? WANT SOMETHING THAT’S DOESN’T WORK AND NEED IT RE-UPPED? WANT TO HEAR SOMETHING/ REQUEST SOMETHING? FEEL FREE TO POST A COMMENT AND I WILL TRY MY BEST.
NEED MORE: NO RECENT POSTS, TRY MY LINKS @ THE RIGHT SIDE/BOTTOM.
CONTACT ME @ kiss.my.assplz.hotmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home